Thursday, May 5, 2011

Hat Designer Defends Princesses Beatrice’s And Eugenie’s Hats For Royal Wedding

Hat Designer Defends Princesses Beatrice’s And Eugenie’s Hats For Royal Wedding


Of course we were all focused on Catherine Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge, for the royal wedding, since she was the bride, but I (and I’m sure none of you who watched) missed Princess Beatrice’s hat (fascinator, I think they’re called in England?)

Princess Eugenie has received her fair share of attention, but Beatrice’s hat/fascinator stole the show. Philip Treacy designed both princesses hats (as well as a number of other hats worn at the event), and he defended his creations to HollywoodLife.com.

“My inspiration was beauty and elegance it’s a 21st century royal wedding. No, they didn’t tell me [what they wanted] because I’ve known them for a long time and I wanted them to look gorgeous and beautiful. They trusted me to make them. Gorgeous and beautiful can be open to interpretation … I thought they looked gorgeous and beautiful. But no one is crying if anyone didn’t.”
True, no one is crying, but goodness! Those hats were… quite something. Someone’s even created a Facebook page called ‘Princess Beatrice’s Ridiculous Wedding Hat.’ And (when I checked) 133,907 people LIKED the page. What are your thoughts on the hats?

FP_7233485_BARM_Wedding_Buckingham_042911 

FP_7234193_ANG_Will_Harry_Kate_Way_042911 

FP_7234908_ANG_WeddingGuests_BuckPalace_042911 

full_wenn3316538 

full_wenn3316539 

full_wenn3316540 


full_wenn3316753



imnotobsessed/ Photos by FAME

No comments:

Post a Comment