Thursday, May 5, 2011

Olivia Wilde Says Failed Marriage Wasn't a 'Tragedy'

Olivia Wilde Says Failed Marriage Wasn't a 'Tragedy'

Olivia Wilde Says Failed Marriage Wasn't a 'Tragedy'
© ANG/Fame Pictures  
Olivia Wilde thinks it would have been a bigger 'tragedy' if she had stayed in an unhappy marriage instead of separating from her husband.
 
Olivia Wilde doesn't think the end of her marriage was a "tragedy".

The 27-year-old actress separated from documentary maker Tao Ruspoli in February after almost eight years of marriage and thinks it was better for them to end their union when it went wrong rather than staying in an unhappy relationship.

She said, "The mark of a good marriage is partnership and continuing to feel inspired by your spouse. I had that with Tao. But the end is not necessarily the tragedy. Staying in a relationship that is no longer working is the tragedy. Living unhappily - that's the tragedy."

Olivia was just 19 when she tied the knot and she now realizes some of the warnings she was given about getting wed so young were true.

She told America's Glamour magazine, "Everyone said it to me - and I had to figure it out for myself - but you change so much. I've learned it's important to spend time in a relationship with yourself and not being defined by your partner."

The "Tron Legacy" star is now ready to start dating again, though she admits she is unsure of how to conduct herself or go about finding new men to go out with.

She said, "I'm opening up my heart to the idea of dating. It's funny - my friends would always come to me for romantic advice, but I know nothing, and things have changed since I was dating in high school! I'm really trying hard to spend this time working on myself."

"I wish I could play the field. But it's so not me. I go 100 percent into everything. And I'm a really good girlfriend."

While she is readying herself to look for a new boyfriend, the "Tron Legacy" star is content to indulge in "pretend" kissing in her movies, admitting she always likes locking lips with her co-stars.

She said, "I've been lucky to have chemistry with my costars, and I really enjoy pretend kissing. If you're pretending to love each other, you've got to find something to fall in love with." 


celebrity-mania.com

No comments:

Post a Comment